All the rooms are designed in such a way as to meet the developing needs of each individual child. The children are guided through a range of educational and play activities at their own pace.
Our childcare workers create a positive and secure environment where children feel confident in exploring their surroundings.
Babies 4 months – 12 months Ratio 1 : 3
1 year – 24 months Ratio 1 : 5
2yrs – 3yrs Ratio 1 : 6
3yrs – 4yrs Ratio 1 : 8
4 / 5yrs – 14yrs
This is children who attend a 2 or 3 hour session per day.
Age 1 – 2.5 years Ratio 1 : 5
Age 2.5 – 5 years Ratio 1 : 10
Missus Tatty’s Nursery is committed to promoting equality of opportunity:
• We encourage children to celebrate difference and multiculturalism
• We encourage children to show respect for all cultures, religions, races, abilities, disabilities, and genders
• We help children to become empathetic and considerate to their peers
• We foster a sense of fairness and respect and we will challenge any discrimination
• We nurture each child’s identity and self-concept
• We try to use our curriculum and equipment to encourage acceptance of all others, irrespective of cultural background
• Children will be discouraged from gender stereotyping
• Boys and girls are to have equal opportunity, and be actively encouraged to use all activities.
• Any discrimination (language, behaviour or remarks) by children, parents/carers or staff/volunteers is unacceptable in our service
• We aim to show respect for and awareness of all major events in the lives of the children and families in the service and in the wider society.
We ensure every effort is taken to ensure a safe sleep and rest environment for babies and children. Babies will always be placed on their backs to sleep with their feet to the foot of the cot. Sleeping babies will be checked daily, every 10-15 minutes, by assigned staff. The sleep information will be recorded on a Sleep Chart.
The routine for sleeping in the Wobbler room and Playgroup room is the children will go for a nap after dinner at 1pm for approximately an hour to two hours for the Wobbler and approximately an hour for Playgroup. Younger wobblers may need to sleep more or at different times, the team are aware of this and will accommodate the child as much as possible. Parents need to understand that eventually they will fall into the routine. For more information on rest and sleep see our full policy.